Star Wars, the box office hit, has impressed millions of fans for decades. And the series has produced numerous memorable characters, moments, and quotes throughout the epic space battles against the Galactic Empire led by
Due to the incredible popularity of Star Wars, many of its heroes and villains have become something like cultural icons, such as
But today, our focus is Han Solo, smuggler for money, former Rebel Alliance leader, father of the menaced Kylo Ren, and the one who shot first. It wasn’t the about the things he had, but his actions which told the real story.
So let’s just jump into hyperspace and let’s look at the best Han Solo quotes that are still memorable today.
10. “A Jedi Knight?” (Return of the Jedi)
Han Solo has always been a pragmatic man in the Star Wars saga, preferring old-school blasters while completely disregarding the Force and the Jedi Knights, which he famously dubbed as “hokey religion.”
In Return of the Jedi (1983), after Leia saves Han from his carbonite sleep, they’re both taken as prisoners, and Han is thrown into a pit with Chewbacca.
Once Chewbacca tells Han that Luke is now a Jedi Knight, he responds with this quote, followed by “I’m out for a little while and everybody gets delusions of grandeur.”
9. “Boring Conversation, Anyway” (A New Hope)
This scene gives us great insight into Han’s poor improvisation skills and how he’ll always opt for some action over diplomacy.
When Han and Luke sneak into a
Han tries to de-escalate the situation but quickly loses his patience and blasts the radio off, signhan solo’sing off with this famous quote followed by a warning to Luke.
8. “You’ve Never Heard of the Millennium Falcon?” (A New Hope)
The captain of the Millennium Falcon is proud of his ship – no surprise here. So when Obi-Wan starts doubting the ship’s speed for their trip, Han immediately gets on the defense. Remember that this was Han’s first meeting with Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi. The falcon isn’t just any starship.
“It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs. […] She’s fast enough for you, old man,” he said.
The moral of the story everyone is don’t insult a ship in front of its captain.
7. “Hey, Kid” (The Rise of Skywalker)
I know; this movie isn’t part of the original Star Wars trilogy. But I couldn’t exclude this touching scene because of how much of an emotional impact it on me and many fans. The kid line just hits hard no matter what galaxy you are in.
Despite Kylo Ren’s disturbing character arc, patricide, and subsequent anger, Han forgives his son and tries to get him to forgive himself. And it’s incredible to see a second father-son conflict in the story after Luke and Anakin.
6. “Don’t Everybody Thank Me at Once” (A New Hope)
Han is the kind of guy not to pass up on a compliment, even if he has to do it himself, as we’ll see in quote #3. But in this scene in A New Hope, he immediately asks for his partners’ appraisal after he saves them from the Empire.
Interestingly, no one thanks Han. But it still shows us how he can maintain his witty ego even in distress.
5. “Hokey Religions and Ancient Weapons Are No Match for a Good Blaster at Your Side, Kid” (A New Hope)
Han’s wasn’t an optimism. Han Solo’s pragmatism is affirmed in this scene where he voices his lack of belief in the Force and the Jedi by comparing them to “hokey religions” that (according to Han) won’t save you in a serious fight like a blaster would.
Whatever it is Han meant by “hokey religions,” we’ll never know. What we know is that he eventually realized his blunder when it was too late. But even then, he remained a pragmatist.
4. “Laugh It Up, Fuzzball!” (Empire Strikes Back)
The intimate friendship between Han Solo and Chewbacca makes them one of pop culture’s most loved duos. It was the kind of friendship many viewers could relate to, seeing as friends naturally like to get on each other’s nerves.
This particular scene is very relatable as most people have been in this situation where your friends are trying to get you to call that guy or gal because they’re “totally into you.”
3. “You Know, Sometimes I Amaze Myself” (A New Hope)
Some say Han Solo is an egomaniac. Sure, he likes to praise himself and plays the confident brute trope well. But he’s also Han Solo – enough said.
After rescuing Princess Leia from Darth Vader in A New Hope, Han immediately points to his strenuous efforts through this incredible line. And although Leia immediately rebukes him with her classic “That doesn’t sound too hard,” Han doesn’t seem too bothered by her remark.
2. “Never Tell Me the Odds!” (Empire Strikes Back)
One of Han’s most iconic quotes and scenes happens in the Empire Strikes Back.
While fleeing from Imperial ships, Han decides to rely on his expert flying skills through a risky asteroid field which the Empire ships would be crazy to fly through, according to the man himself.
A distressed C-3PO gives Han unfavorable survival odds of approximately 3,720 to 1. But Han responds with “never tell me the odds,” which shows how much of a risk-taker he is. Classic Hans is always getting in and out of trouble, no time for calculations, and just living by the seat of your pants type of person.
1. “I Know” (Empire Strikes Back)
The romantic tension between Han and Leia kept us excited for more throughout the first two Star Wars movies. Of course, this all culminates at the end of the Empire Strikes Back, when Leia finally admits her love for Han right as Boba Fett captures and is about to carbonite-freeze him.
According to the script, Han was supposed to say, “I love you, too,” in that scene. But in a moment that’s often been called the best improvisation in cinema history, he chooses to reply with a cold “I know” which fits the macho character he is.
Fun Facts About Han Solo
- In “Solo: A Star Wars Story”, the character of Han Solo is portrayed by Alden Ehrenreich.
- The character of Han Solo was originally created by George Lucas for the 1977 film “Star Wars”.
- The character of Han Solo is a Corellian smuggler who is first introduced in “Episode IV – A New Hope“.
- The character of Han Solo is known for his piloting skills, as well as his use of the “Blaster“, a type of gun that is used in the “Star Wars” universe.
- The character of Han Solo is also known for his catchphrase “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.“
- The character of Han Solo has a close relationship with the character of Chewbacca, a Wookiee who is Han’s co-pilot and first mate.
- han solo’s original character was played by Harrison Ford, who has actually has a pilot license. (IRL)
- In 2018, “I’ve got a bad feeling about this” was the most popular Han Solo quote, used in over 10,000 tweets.
- The second most popular Han Solo quote in 2018 was “Chewie, we’re home“, used in over 8,000 tweets.
- In 2020, the most popular Han Solo quote was “I know“, used in over 15,000 tweets.
- The second most popular Han Solo quote in 2020 was “I’ve got a bad feeling about this“, used in over 14,000 tweets.
|2018||10,000||I’ve got a bad feeling about this|
|2018||8,0000||Chewie, We’re Home|
|2020||14,000||I’ve got a bad feeling about this|